16 out of 16 women are nationally diverse. From Spanish to American, Native American to English, Greek, Irish, Hawaiian, Scottish to South African, Indian, German, Middle Eastern, to Chinese. They are all lovely women from all over the world with all different skin tones, facial features, body sizes, names and personalities.
We are forced to live in a system that steals from us daily, Kill snitch culture.
Important things to keep in mind!
- never take from ‘mom and pop’ type store. Its likely you’ll actually harm them, whereas taking from a walmart wont effect much.
- never take items that a worker is assigned to monitor (usually super expensive items), theyll be in trouble for it. and its usually a minimum wage worker and usually they lose hours or pay, or they even get fired.
- similar to the above, never take things that are usually locked up for the above reason
- if its a store you know gives their near-expiration products to workers/charity, try to avoid taking the near expiration products.
- if youre taking clothing, avoid leaving hangers. it sounds weird, but itll make it seem like it was more likely an error in the computer than a theft, since the empty hanger sitting there will seem suspicious.
- also for clothing, try not to take more than one item at once, as it will look suspicious if theres 10 medium shirts missing, and it won’t be written off as just a stocking error. and it will lead to workers being penalized
- basically just always consider ‘will this harm a worker’ and if the answer is yes then dont do it
like i was homeless for a while when i was younger and i tried to follow those guidelines to avoid doing harm to people who were probably not much better off than me while trying to get food for myself.
Holy crap, is there like an unspoken thieves code or something?!
it’s a thing. I won’t even lie. I watched someone slip a nursing exam book in their bag at the store I worked at. She made eye contact with me and the blood drained from her face. I simply gave her a sympathetic nod and walked away.
I live in a small town and I knew she was a waitress at a hotel my sister works at, and people at that hotel don’t tip well during off season. Nursing exam books are 50+ bucks. Being a med student myself, I didn’t even breathe a word, and when inventory came up later and the book was missing, I suggested it was likely a mislabel, and the manager wrote it off.
Sometimes, thievery is a necessity. Don’t send people to jail over petty things.
If your partner pulls away, flinches, draws back, goes still, goes limp, freezes, is silent, looks unhappy, starts holding their breath, goes from meeting you halfway to merely allowing your touch: stop and check in with words. Maybe they’re ticklish? Maybe they want to stop.
CHECK IN WITH WHOM EVER YOU’RE ENGAGING WITH. VOCALIZE. COMMUNICATE. DONT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE.
ive been in positions with ppl where i am literally TOO AFRAID to say no. i fear rejecting someones advances becos (trigger warning) i fear what they might do next. rape culture is a catalyst to not being comfortable with saying No. being a vicitm to domestic violence can be a reason why im afraid to say No. folks who dont ASK if THINGS ARE OKAY, folks who don’t ASK for consent make me sick. they are predators and violators with unhealthy cycles that they need to fucking check. why are they so hesitant to ask for consent or stop when things aren’t going their way? becos they are scum who believe you have no right to control your own body.